Shark Tank Season 11 premiers Sunday, September 29 at 9 PM eastern time. The 11th season of the Emmy award winning reality show features the six original Sharks: Mark, Daymond Kevin, Lori, Barbara and Robert. There are two returning guest Sharks too: Rohan Oza and Matt Higgins. In addition, four new guest Sharks will appear throughout season 11: Katrina Lake, Daniel Lubetzky, Maria Sharapova and Anne Wojcicki.
The new season 11 guest Sharks come from varied backgrounds. Lake is the CEO and founder of Stitch Fix, a company she founded in her apartment and grew to over $3 billion in sales. Lubetsky is the founder of Kind Snacks – makers of the Kind Bar – and the Kind Foundation, a group that “works to create kinder, more empathetic communities.” Sharapova is a former tennis champion who turned pro at age 14 and won Wimbledon – one of her five Grand Slam career titles – at age 17. She also created her own line of candy called Sugarpova. Wojcicki is the founder and CEO of 23andMe, the online DNA gene and ancestry testing company.
As in seasons past, in season 11, the Sharks will hear pitches from aspiring entrepreneurs to grow, start or even save their businesses. There will be some brilliant businesses, some complete train wrecks and tear-jerking moments. The Sharks, when they see a business or entrepreneur they like, will battle it out to see who gets to invest. We'll also see update segments on past successful Shark Tank businesses, new “Shark profiles,” and business related events the Sharks attend.
Shark Tank History
Shark Tank is based on the Japanese show called Dragon's Den, which aired from 2001-2004. The UK version of Dragon's Den has been on the air since 2005. All told, there are about 30 versions of the show in production in countries around the world, including China. Shark Tank first aired in the USA in August, 2009 and has grown in popularity since.
Season 11 Investors:
- Mark Cuban – Billionaire and Owner of Dallas Mavericks
- Daymond John – Founder of FUBU clothing
- Kevin O'Leary – O'Leary Funds
- Robert Herjavec – Founder/CEO of Herjavec Group
- Barbara Corcoran – New York City Real Estate Mogul
- Lori Greiner – QVC Queen
- Katrina Lake – Founder of Stitch Fix
- Rohan Oza – “Brand Messiah" and founder of Vitamin Water
- Daniel Lubetzky – Founder of KIND
- Matt Higgins – Entrepreneur, Investor and Miami Dolphins Vice-Chairman
- Maria Sharapova – Tennis Pro and Founder of Sugarpova
- Anne Wojcicki – Founder of 23andMe
Season 11 Episodes
Episodes will be added as they are announced and aired.
Episode 11 – 9/29/2019 – 9 PM
- Update Segment –